Packed with prebiotic, healing and anti-inflammatory spices, these flavour-packed bliss balls make the perfect snack when trying to lose weight. A great source of long-lasting complex carbohydrates to support glycemic control, prebiotics to support healthy flora, healthy fats to boost brain power, plant protein to keep you satisfied until your next meal, fiber to keep you regular as well as an abundance of vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants to nourish the body.
|½ cup||rolled quinoa or oats|
|¼ cup||almond meal|
|1 cup||dates (pitted)|
|½ teaspoon||ground ginger|
|add pinch||black pepper|
|¼ teaspoon||ground cardamom|
|2tablespoon||vanilla plant-based protein powder (optional)|
|lemon juice |
chia seeds, coconut or chopped freeze dried pineapple (optional, to roll)
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and combine with a wooden spoon or with your hands till really well combined.
- Give the mixture a good few squeezes/kneads to make sure everything is combined as it should. Adjust for dryness if necessary.
- Break off pieces of the dough and form into balls around the size of a 20c piece.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container to keep them firm.