As a practitioner in women’s health for over 20 years, I’ve explored the topic of weight from an entirely different perspective, focusing on where unwanted weight comes from, and why it’s so hard to shed unwanted kilo’s. Although, undeniably, diet and exercise play a big part in how we manage weight, the why of the matter is a different story. This can include hormones, digestive problems, pain, stress and so many more. In fact did you know there are over 120 hidden causes of weight gain in women?
Today however, I want to focus on emotions – in particular anger. Energetically speaking, I like to say that the first step in overcoming your battle with excess weight is to be open to the possibility that it’s “an inside job,” with repressed emotions at the heart of it.
By far the most important factor concerning weight loss has to do with difficult emotions. These could be the result of childhood trauma, divorce, illness, job loss, or the death of loved one. Repressed emotions can affect the body in various ways.
- If you need to grieve but don’t, it can present as lung problems
- Anger or bitterness that you don’t let go develops into areas like the liver and gall bladder
- A broken heart that is never mended can result in cardiovascular problems
- Abuse (sexual, physical, or emotional) often shows up as extra weight – unconsciously gaining weight for protection
After a lifetime of working with women in workshops and online courses, I know that unprocessed emotions are one of the leading causes of weight gain.
So what’s the secret to unblocking the emotions and letting go of the habits that cause you to retain and gain weight? You can start by getting in touch with your feelings.
Use this 3-step technique to allow you to get in touch with those old, stuffed down feelings so you can start the process of healing them:
- Relax – When you are in a state of relaxation for ten minutes or more, you have a chance to get in touch with feelings
- Face the old traumas – Know that it isn’t necessary to remember an event in order to heal from it.
- Journal about the emotions that surface – Give them a name: jealousy, anger, guilt, disappointment, regret, then focus on letting them pass harmlessly through you without attaching.
Now that you’ve taken time to clear out the old emotions that have blocked you, perhaps for decades, keep the energy flowing on a daily basis by acknowledging new emotions as you experience them.
These simple steps of “emotional hygiene” will keep you happy and help you keep your weight where you want it. If you’d like to learn more about how to release unwanted emotions and behaviors trapped in you, or provide your body with natural support to overcome anger, I invite you to get in touch.
You can email me at email@example.com or by sms 0425 769 344 to arrange an appointment. When you learn how to free trapped emotions, you experience a complete shift in what is possible for you.